Pages

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Kayla & Vanessa's Visit: Days 1-3

1.
July 7th was a long day of anticipation for me.
Finally, at about 9:30, I walked down to the village to catch the next bus to Leuchars train station.
However, before I reached the stop, an amazing sight met my eyes:

Kayla and Vanessa walking up the hill!
They had arrived in Leuchars earlier than they had anticipated, and so caught the next bus to Balmullo.
Slightly dazed and very jet-lagged, they were eager to fall into bed and just sleep.
And sleeeep.

2.
The next morning though, I dragged them crying and clutching at the bed clothes from their nests.
Just kidding, they got up by themselves, though reluctantly.
We headed to St. Andrews for church and for a quick tour of some of the highlights.

In the Cathedral ruins.


pretty
Standing on the Oldest Golf Course IN THE WORLD.
Yup, golf was invented in St. Andrews.
Have I mentioned that?
3.
Monday was a Fife Coast day.
We went to Crail, Pittenweem, and to Anstruther.
I forgot my camera, so all of the following pictures are courtesy of Kayla and Vanessa.

Surrounded by fields on all sides, this church appears left behind...
It wasn't actually that misty, but the camera lens fogged up.
Crail is my new favourite Fife coastal village.
It's tinier and even more adorable than Pittenweem.
Marissa and I had been there before (yes, I forgot my cameral that time as well...), and were kind of torn between the two.
This visit decided me in favour of Crail.

Random little house.
It reminds me of The Burrow - the Weasleys' home in Harry Potter -
because it has funny little add-ons and appears taller than it should be.

Crail Gallery and Tearoom.
It overlooks the harbour.
My Cousins :)
Inside, the old flagstone floor is uneven and worn, and slants slightly,
making the ceiling higher at one end than the other.
Walking along the coast between Pittenweem and Anstruther.
Popping seaweed bubbles :3
K+V+J 
There were swings.
What else do you do when there are swings?
We had a most delicious supper of fish and chips!

1 comment:

  1. The cathedral looks so familiar, now :) I love how you got a pic in the arches like we did!

    ReplyDelete